domain squatting personal name
As a professional it is important that you reserve and own your personal domain name.
Sometimes people may buy your personal domain name as they know that you will need to use it one day for your personal website, this may be legal in some countries but far from being ethical.
I know… it isn’t nice when someone owns your personal domain name especially if it’s not their name.
But don’t worry… in this tutorial we will guide you through the steps on how to reclaim your domain name back.
Note: This process may requires some effort but it’s worth it.
Someone owns my domain name what do i do ?
So you tried to buy your personal domain name and found out that it’s taken…ooops !
Here is a detailed guide on how to reclaim your domain name back:
Step 1 – Who owns my domain name ?
1. Go to: https://who.is
2. In the search field enter the domain name you want to check www.yourname.com
3. Now it will take you to a page with all the domains owner information
4. Look for the “Registrant Name” and “Registrant Phone”
5. Now you need to contact the domain owner and ask them to transfer the domain name to you.
6. If they agree please move to the next steps if not please contact us for further help.
Step 2 – Domain name ownership transfer
It will be best to create a new account with the same company the domain owner purchased your domain name. For instance if they purchased your domain through godaddy then you will need to create an account with godaddy.
Please follow the detailed steps below for creating an account: